A SUMMER TO ALWAYS REMEMBER
LTPs are those students who are in Grade 8 and Grade 9. Our Leadership Training Program prepares these campers for leadership roles both at camp and in their communities. During their time at camp, the LTP will work with their peers at developing leadership skills and learning from our staff mentors.
Become Leaders at Camp:
- Every week experience a different placement around camp. Opportunity to work with different age groups, assisting counselors, sport and riding instructors, MyCamp specialists, swim staff and activity specialists.
- Work alongside Directors and Head Staff in the planning, preparation and execution of camp wide programs such as Campabana, World Cup Soccer, All-Star Survivor, Cedar Creek Gymkhanas and the ever popular end of summer Green Acres Olympiad.
- Plan and run your own specialty in the Traditional Camp for Beavers, Buffaloes and Bears (3-6 year olds), assist the sport instructors in All-Star, help plan riding lessons at Cedar Creek or create your own special activity at MyCamp.
Unique Bonding Experiences:
- Invitation to participate in Staff Pre-Camp Training at the end of June. Great opportunity to meet the other LTPs prior to the start of camp and train alongside our staff
- Overnight trip to Camp Wahanowin: Each month, enjoy the incredible experience of going to an overnight camp together and participate in awesome activities such as zipline, trapeze, water sports and so much more!! Leadership training seminars, team building activities and evening programs will be planned.
- Extended evening bonfire, dinner outings and charity excursions
- Enjoy the choice of Green Acres, All-Star, Cedar Creek and MyCamp’s most amazing activities
Only Green Acres LTPs will…
- Receive invaluable leadership experience and training
- Develop leadership skills to succeed in any environment
- Become certified in Emergency First Aid
- Earn High School Volunteer Hours
- Spend time each week in placements, LTP group activities and interactive leadership seminars
- Upon successful completion of the LTP program, be invited to return as a staff member to Green Acres
- Make lifelong friends and memories
- Pave the path to becoming a future leader at Green Acres
- Have a summer that you can’t stop talking about!