Week 3 – July 17 – 21 (Grades 2, 3 & 4)
Week 6 – August 8 – 11 (Grades 2, 3 & 4)
Green Acres Day Camp in partnership with Camp Wahanowin is proud to introduce WAHANO-VENTURES – An exclusive opportunity for Green Acres campers to try out all the amazing adventures of sleepover camp without signing up for a full overnight session. Feel at ease knowing that your child will be going to Camp Wahanowin with their Green Acres friends, while being supervised by trusted Green Acres counsellors, Wahanowin staff and Directors.
Camp Wahanowin is celebrating its 61st anniversary season and has earned the reputation as the ideal camp for young campers to be introduced to the sleepover experience. At Wahanowin, campers enjoy a safe and welcoming environment under the guidance of well-trained, mature, caring and nurturing staff. Conveniently located just over an hour north of Green Acres on beautiful Lake Couchiching, Wahanowin offers a full range of water, landsports, creative arts and adventure programs in a fabulous facility.
Some of the Wahano-Ventures highlights include:
- For campers completing Grades 2, 3 and 4
- Enjoy a combined Green Acres-Wahanowin summer camp experience
- A five-day session (Monday to Friday) in July and a five-day session in August (Monday to Friday)
- Live with Green Acres cabinmates at Wahanowin alongside top notch staff from Green Acres and Wahanowin
- Renovated, cozy, clean and comfortable cabins equipped with washroom and shower facilities
- 24 hour supervision – staff sleep in camper cabins, accompany campers to activities and facilitate a successful bedtime routine
- More fun-filled activities per day (6 periods each day) including: waterpark, water skiing, sailing, canoeing, stand up paddleboards, trapeze, zipline, sports, fishing and so much more
- Become a true Wahanowin Camper through integrated evening programs, flag pole, meals in the Dining Hall, Tuck Shop, campfires and special events
- Delicious food with lots of variety (catering to all special diets and allergies)
- On-site and hands-on Owners/Directors, Bruce and Patti Nashman (official welcome to camp at Bruce and Patti’s cabin)
- State-of-the-art waterfront supervised by certified and experienced swim staff
- Receive updates on how your child is adjusting to overnight camp while they’re away
- Learn life skills like independence, resiliency, enhanced self-esteem, teamwork, problem solving and increased confidence and resiliency
- Make new friends and memories to last a lifetime!
- Affordable way for your child to try out overnight camp
- Every Wahano-Ventures camper receives a significant discount if they become a Wahanowin camper in the future
Don’t miss out on this incredible adventure and fantastic opportunity to experience the magic of overnight camp and wonders Wahanowin has to offer. For more information and to register for Wahano-Ventures, contact the Green Acres camp office at 905-887-1400. Limited spaces available.