Campers are divided into units based on their completed grade level.
Chipmunks – Nursery
Beavers – JK
Buffaloes – SK
Bears – Grade 1
Eagles – Grade 2
Seniors – Grades 3 and 4
Grads and Alumni – Grades 5, 6, and 7
Leadership Training Program – Grades 8 and 9
Units are led by Unit Heads and Assistant Unit Heads.
Children are placed in gender specific cabin groups with at least 2-3 counsellors per group of 12 children. Cabins in our Chipmunk program are mixed gender.
Along with their counsellors, campers participate in a variety of age appropriate activities, most of which are taught by specialty instructors. Each day, campers can look forward to five different activities, in addition to an instructional and recreational swim.
With over 40 activities at camp your child will have a great mix of art, science, nature, sport, outdoor adventure, and performing arts activities.
Each month every unit participates in either an optional extended night (Nursery, JK and SK) or overnight (Grades 1 and older).
- Daily instructional and recreational Swim in one of our two heated pools or heated junior waterslide park
- Green Acres uses the Lifesaving Swim, Lifesaving Patrol and Lifesaving Bronze programs
- All taught by certified swim instructors
We are very proud that for over 10 years, David Goldberg of Act One Theatre directs our top-notch theatre performances. Each summer campers completing Grade 1 or higher have the opportunity to perform in four Broadway style musicals. Each show is performed in front of the entire camp as well as an evening performance for parents.
Leadership Training Program
For campers completing Grades 8 and 9, the LTP program prepares teens for leadership roles both at camp and in their communities.
Green Acres LTPs will:
- Experience a different placement around camp each week. Opportunity to work with different age groups, assisting counselors, instructors, and specialists.
- Work alongside Directors and Head Staff in the planning, preparation and execution of camp wide programs.
- Earn up to 18 volunteer hours counting towards high school community service requirements
- Participate in Emergency First Aid certification course
- Participate in weekly interactive and fun workshops
- Have a summer they won’t stop talking about!
Saddle Champs Half-Day Riding
This program is for children completing grade 1 or higher. Campers are registered in our Traditional Camp program and spend half the day with their assigned cabin group. The other half of the day is spent in an English riding lesson and learning about stable management (i.e. horse care, feeding, preparing horses for shows). Staff escort the campers to and from the riding stables which is onsite.
Enrollment in Saddle Champs is on a two week basis. At the end of the two week program, campers participate in a horse show and parents are invited to come and watch all of their new riding skills.
An exclusive opportunity for Green Acres campers to try out all the amazing adventures of sleepover camp without signing up for a full overnight session. Feel at ease knowing that your child will be going to Camp Wahanowin with their Green Acres friends, while being supervised by trusted Green Acres counsellors, Wahanowin staff and Directors.
Conveniently located just over an hour north of Green Acres on beautiful Lake Couchiching, Wahanowin offers a full range of water, landsports, creative arts and adventure programs in a fabulous facility.
July – Week 3 – July 17 – 21 (Grades 2, 3 & 4)
August – Week 6 – August 8 – 11 (Grades 2, 3 & 4)
Additional fee of $250 (including HST) for the July trip.
Additional fee of $200 (including HST) for the August trip.