Camp Green Acres – Where You Belong!
We are a country day camp for kids and teens ages 3 to 15 years. We are looking for staff who enjoy working with children and who want to experience an incredible summer of fun, new friendships and lifelong memories.
Our various camp programs run from June 29 – September 4. There are great employment opportunities still available. FREE daily camp bus transportation is available for staff throughout the summer.
You must read the following before completing the staff employment application!
TO THE CAMP OFFICE FOR YOUR INTERVIEW.
Make sure that you have arranged for your own transportation to the camp office. Our address is 11123 Kennedy Road in Markham. We are located 3 km North of Major Mackenzie Drive on the east side of Kennedy. Check out our location map of the camp.
- You must be at least completing Grade 10 (as of June 2015) to be considered for a junior staff position at Green Acres.
- The minimum employment period is at least 4 consecutive weeks starting in July (June 29 – July 24). August only employment will not be considered at this time, however, we encourage you to complete an online staff application form and indicate your availability. We will keep it on hand for future consideration.
- You must be available 5 days a week Monday to Friday. The camp day is approximately 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. plus travel time.
During the camp season, daily transportation to the camp is provided from the following areas – Toronto, Beaches, North York, Thornhill, Markham, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge, Vaughan, Aurora, Newmarket, Oak Ridges, Pickering, Ajax and Whitby.
Swim Staff Requirements
All swim staff must have the following qualifications:
- a) a Life Saving Bronze Cross Certification or NLS and,
- b) a Red Cross Swim Kids Instructor Certification and/or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor Certification.
- Lifesaving Instructor Certification, NLS, CPR, and First Aid are desireable but not mandatory. The camp office must receive photocopies of all your valid certifications no later than June 1, 2015.
It’s not necessary for a potential staff member to have had any previous camp experience. Interest in children, patience and sensitivity are the most important assets we look for in an applicant. If you are unsure about the position you would like to apply for, you will have the opportunity to review your interests with the Camp Director during your interview.