Conditions of Enrolment
1. The first day of camp is Monday, July 4th, 2022. There will be no camp on the Civic Holiday Monday, August 1, 2022.
2. Applications cannot be confirmed unless accompanied by the required deposit or full payment of camp fees per child. Your child(ren) will only be permitted to start camp once fees are paid in full prior to the start of their camp session.
3. Refund policy:
a) Your deposit is refundable if we cannot confirm your application
b) If you must cancel your application, up until January 31, 2022 your deposit and paid portion of your camp fee is fully refundable. From February 1 until May 1, 2022, your deposit and paid portion of your camp fee is refundable, less a service charge of $250 per camper. After May 1, 2022 Camp Fees are NOT refundable and are NOT eligible for a credit for Summer 2023. ONLY if the Government does not allow camps to open will you receive a 100% refund on camp fees after January 31, 2022. If camps are shut down mid-season by the Government, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the days missed.
c) Sessions may be moved within Summer 2022 at no extra cost as long as there is space availability. Extending your child(ren)’s number of weeks at camp (example: extending from 2 to 4 weeks) will be subject to availability and the fees that are in effect at the time of the change. Shortening your child(ren)’s enrolment dates (example: shortening your weeks from 6 to 4 weeks) prior to May 1, 2022 will result in your camp fees being adjusted for the enrolled weeks and a refund will be available for the outstanding balance. After May 1, 2022 your camp fees will be adjusted for the enrolled weeks and you will be given a credit for the outstanding balance for Summer 2023 only.
We understand that the trajectory of Covid-19 provides a lot of uncertainty for parents in making decisions about the future, including their plans for camp in Summer 2022. That being said, the Ontario Ministry of Health provided summer day camps with approval to open in Summer 2020 and Summer 2021 and we were able to open and operate successfully with ZERO Covid-19 positive cases in both seasons. Assuming that we are allowed to open and operate in Summer 2022, our above refund policy will remain in effect with NO EXCEPTIONS.
d) If your child is required to isolate because of an exposure to Covid-19 (or any other communicable disease) in your child’s Cohort, which results in your child not attending camp you will receive a refund for the days missed.
e) Once your child(ren)’s camp has begun as per their enrolment, camp fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
f) Our fees are for a personal reservation for a specific period and not a day by day fee. We therefore will not refund fees for days missed for any reason, other than for as stated above in item (a) and (d). Days missed cannot be made up. Inquire about our Green Acres Optional Illness Insurance.
g) Refund requests are made in writing to the Camp Registrar.
h) All refunds will be issued after September 1st within 30 days.
i) Depending on the Summer 2022 Ontario Ministry of Health Summer Day Camp Guidelines which will be implemented to reduce the risk and spread of Covid-19 (or any communicable disease), your child(ren) may not be able to switch cohorts or switch programs once a session has started.
4. I agree that if my child(ren) is eligible or becomes eligible (please note that age eligibility can change at any time prior to Summer 2022) to be vaccinated against Covid-19, s/he will be fully vaccinated (per Health Canada requirements) at least 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of his/her camp session in Summer 2022 and I will provide proof of vaccination as required by Green Acres Day Camp Inc. If your child(ren) is eligible to be vaccinated but you choose to not have them vaccinated and/or do not provide proof of vaccination at least 2 weeks (14 day) prior to the start of his/her camp session, your child(ren)’s enrolment will be cancelled. Please note that the refund policy at the time of this cancellation will apply.
5. Green Acres Day Camp Inc. reserves the right to terminate the registration of any camper if, in the opinion of the Directors, it is in the best interest of the child or the camp. In such event, a proportional refund will be made.
6. I agree to allow my child to participate in all camp Activities and I give camp officials authority to act on my behalf in case of an emergency.
7. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian (hereinafter collectively “Parent”) grants permission for the Camper(s) as outlined in the Application for Enrolment (hereinafter collectively “Camper”) to attend and participate in Green Acres Activities and understands that these Activities entail known and unanticipated risks. These risks may be caused by Campers’ own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activities, including but not limited to other campers and/or staff or the condition in which the Activities takes place. The Parent and/or Camper hereby fully accept and assume all such risks that could result in physical or emotional injury or damage to the Camper, to property or to third parties and all responsibility for losses, cost and damages incurred as a result of Campers’ attendance at Green Acres including participation in Green Acres Activities.
8. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian understands that they may need to fill out a daily assessment form for each child attending camp, attesting to the child’s good health and that they are not exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19 (or any other communicable disease) and have not been in contact with any persons that have tested positive for Covid-19 (or any other communicable disease). Campers will not be permitted onsite at Green Acres without submitting this form daily.
9. The Parent and/or Legal Guardian agrees to keep their child(ren) home if they are sick, not feeling well for any reason, and/or exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19 (or any other communicable disease). The child’s return to camp will be determined in conjunction with advice and consultation from local Public Health.
10. Green Acres is not responsible for the loss or damage to Campers’ belongings and/or equipment and/or other items while in transit or at Green Acres.
11. The Parent and Camper hereby voluntarily releases, forever discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Green Acres and to waive any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, that the Parent and Camper have or may have in the future against Green Acres and to release Green Acres from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury that the Parent and Camper may suffer.
12. The Parent or Guardian hereby understands that Green Acres Day Camp will have zero tolerance for physical and/or verbal abuse towards any staff by Parents. Please respect the staff that look after the care of your children while at camp. Any person found in breach of this condition may be asked to terminate their child’s time at Camp. In the case of camper termination, a refund for the remaining days would be issued.
13. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the use by Green Acres of the camper’s photograph or video image for publicity purposes.
14. The Parent or Guardian hereby consents to the sharing of your personal information with Camp Wahanowin.
15. The Parent or Guardian also hereby consents for the child’s name and contact information to be included in a friendship list to be shared within the cabin.
16. Green Acres reserves the right to change or update our policies and/or programs and/or optional extras as the Ontario Ministry of Health may make recommendations and/or changes to the Summer Day Camp guidelines.
17. This document in conjunction with our Safe Camp Policy and Waiver of Liability in relation to Covid-19 (or any other Communicable Diseases) sets forth the entire agreement between Green Acres, the Parent and the Camper and supersedes and replaces all other discussions, agreements, (whether written or verbal), contracts, representations, promises, negotiations or any other matter. This document can only be changed, modified or amended in writing by both parties.
18. If any portion of this document is found to be void and unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.