Why You Belong at Camp Green Acres in 2021!
March 31st Winter Savings deadline is approaching quickly! Register and Pay-In-Full for savings!
- 5 Amazing programs to choose from with over 40 activities offered for children ages 4 – 15 years old Traditional Camp, All-Star Sports Camp, Cedar Creek Riding Camp, Leadership Training Program & Learn-To-Bike
- A warm, friendly, fun environment, lead by caring and trained staff, head staff and directors
- Convenient Point-to-Point bussing options (physically distanced in accordance with Covid-19 Ministry Guidelines)
- End-of-day snack and free wet/dry bag
- Daily instructional swim and recreational swim for Traditional Camp. Alternating daily instructional/recreational swim for Raptors/All-Star Sports Camp
- Superior 110 acre outdoor & indoor facilities
- 2 heated outdoor pools & heated junior waterslide park
- On-site horseback riding with an arena
WHY CHOOSE GREEN ACRES?
- EXPERIENCE MATTERS! Our successful experience during the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic along with 55 years in camping, we are confident that we can provide your child(ren) with an incredible camp experience while keeping them safe!!
- Country in the city! Our programs are primarily outdoors. We are able to run the majority of our activities outdoors, where we have plenty of natural shade, green spaces, designated picnic tables, and cool-down sprinkler zones, making Green Acres the safer option while we live through Covid-19. In the event of rain we can easily accommodate physical distancing in our many indoor and well-ventilated facilities.
- We have an air-conditioned Health Centre staffed with a minimum of one registered nurse and a student nurse, a new outdoor triage area (to reduce indoor interactions) as well as a designated and supervised isolation zone. Whether your child has a tummy ache or needs extra TLC, our nursing staff are there to keep them well and safe.
- Back for 2021! Our bus routes make a difference! With many convenient bus stops throughout the GTA, our goal is to provide short and efficient bus routes for your children. We will be following updated Ministry of Health Guidelines by limiting the number of campers on the buses so that they can be physically distanced. We are flexible with regards to transportation changes to accommodate our parents’ changing needs. Our bussing staff are there to keep your children safe while on their way to and from camp!
- So much to choose from! With 5 camp programs and over 40 different activities, there is something for every age and interest at Green Acres. Mix and match our programs to offer your child a well-rounded summer camp experience.
- Our caring and dedicated Director and Administrative Team work full time onsite throughout the year. We are here to answer your questions, take you on a socially distanced tour of our facilities, help you choose the best program for your child and even walk you through our new cleaning and sanitization protocols.
- Our experienced and long-time Head Staff Leadership Team are your front line contacts to your children during camp time. Many of our Unit Heads are certified teachers or are currently in Teacher’s College. Some have been staff at Green Acres for over 10 years, while others have grown up at Green Acres since they were little campers. Each with their own dedicated email, you can always contact them to check on your child, provide insight on your camper, ask questions or request a picture! Our Head Staff are here for you!
- Our staff make the difference! We hand pick each and every staff member ensuring that they are a great fit. We offer some of the lowest counsellor to camper ratios to ensure that your children are safe, happy and well looked after! Counsellors, instructors, swim staff, etc. receive extensive training prior to camp, whether to learn how to carefully handle a variety of camper situations or to learn how to execute safety and sanitation protocols during Covid-19. Our staff consider Green Acres to be their second home and go above and beyond to make every camper feel special.
- Campers who love horses have so many options at Green Acres! While other camps go offsite for riding lessons, our stables and arenas are onsite. Cedar Creek campers benefit from main camp’s swimming pools, waterslide park and other amazing facilities. Campers with limited experience horseback riding can choose Saddle Champs, our half-day riding option – a mix of Traditional Camp and Horseback Riding.
- The energy and spirit at Green Acres is unmatched!! Some say it feels more like an overnight camp in that making friendships and memories is what we are all about. You can feel it in the tears seen on the last day of camp! Many describe Green Acres as their “home away from home”. The close knit, family environment that is created every summer amongst campers and staff (even through Covid-19), makes Green Acres Day Camp a truly unique summer experience!
I signed up two somewhat hesitant, reluctant campers to Green Acres for the first two weeks of July. After the Meet Your Counsellors event, they were interested. After the first day of camp, they were hooked. They loved every activity and all of the spirit Green Acres brings. It is truly like an overnight camp in the city. They've been "home" for a week and I still hear the Bear / Chipmunk cheers on a daily basis.
Thanks for a great summer GA! My kids loved being out in the sunshine with all of their friends for their 5th summer at GA. They were so sad on the last day. GA truly has it all: great activities, beautiful grounds, lots of swimming and truly wonderful staff. We can't wait for next year!
Over the last two summers my daughter and I have participated in the Green Acres Parent Tot Program. It is engaging, interactive and so much fun! The staff are amazing and the program is well organized. If you go more than once you get to experience a variety of different activities allowing participants to experience different specialties. My daughter especially loved the pony rides and the water slides. Best of all, you can’t beat the price! We will definitely return next summer!
Such a great camp with amazing staff and programs. This is my oldest's 11th summer - he is an LTP and having the best summer yet. He has met such nice new kids and is learning to be a counsellor/specialty staff and leisure buddy. My younger kids are also having a blast! Thanks so much CGA!!!
A huge thank you to the Chipmunks 1 staff for making my daughter’s first summer a huge success!! The counsellors were so accommodating, patient and caring and really went above and beyond to make sure she was safe and happy at all times. We can’t wait for next summer!